Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ran The Marathon

On Sunday I ran my third New York City Marathon. Ran it in 4:23. No real problems encountered. The weather first thing in the morning was cold and windy. Started at 10:20 in wave group 3 with the blue group. Took off a little to fast for the first 2 miles but then settled in for a comfortable pace. By mile 11 I was getting a little hungry after smelling all of that food being cooked in the different neighborhoods. I was carrying 2 Gel Packs and consumed one at that time. Breezed through mile 20 and by mile 22 my left knee started to hurt a little bit. By mile 24 the pain went away. Overall a very good experience.

2 comments:

good egg said...

how does one run past all those NY Delis and not stop for a little nosh? Happy to hear it was such a success, sorry I couldn't be there to cheer you on.

Anonymous said...

It was very tough. In fact at mile 11 I had to consume an energy gel pack. It sure was a great treat at the right time.